Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Doctor Update: 37 Weeks

Yesterday I had another doctor's appointment and once again I got the same news as the week before... no progress. Last week he told me that he did not think she would be early. This week he was even talking about how long after my due date he would let her stay in there. According to my doctor, our baby will be here, one way or another, before February 12. I don't mind if she waits until her due date, but if it starts going too much past her due date I will definitely start to get anxious. Actually, I am already a little anxious for her to be here. However, I know she will come when she is ready and not a moment before that. Right now it is in God's hands and only He knows what her birthday will be. One other thing my doctor said yesterday was that he thought my baby was around 5 1/2 lbs right now. He guesses she will probably be around 7 lbs when she is born. That sounds like a good size to me! I definitely don't want her to be much bigger than that or I might not be able to get her out!

Last night I woke up at about 4:30 and could not fall back asleep. All I could think about was all the things I wanted to do before she got here. There were a couple of times I was tempted to get up right then and there and start working on some of those things. None of the things I want to do have to be done before she comes, but for some reason I felt like they did. I guess it was my "nesting instinct" in full force. The only thing that kept me in bed was the fact that I would have to get up for work this morning and I knew I needed as much sleep as I could get. It took me about an hour but I was finally able to go back to sleep. Hopefully I will be able to work on a couple of things this weekend to help satisfy my need to get these things done.

My next goal is to have Colin take another picture of my belly so that we can continue to document my progress. Eventually I will also get these pictures developed so I can put them in the baby book.

No comments: