Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Still No Baby

My due date was Monday and it is now Thursday and my baby still has decided not to come. The waiting and anxiety gets harder and harder every day. I am constantly being asked about my due date and I hate having to tell everyone that it has already come and gone. Even though we had already scheduled my induction for this Monday, February 5, I kept hoping it wouldn't matter and that she would come before then. Right now it looks like I will be waiting until Monday morning. At least there is an end in sight.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I still have not progressed any more since the last appointment. I get the feeling that he is convinced that I won't have this baby until Monday. My prayers are that she comes before then (even if it is right in the middle of the Super Bowl), but only God knows the exact day and time. In hopes of starting labor, Colin and I even tried eating some really spicy Thai food last night. Nothing. I didn't even have indigestion or heartburn pains. We can now mark that one off as not working.

Hopefully I will have good news before Monday but don't get your hopes up!

1 comment:

hollyfouts said...

Hang in there. Monday is just around the corner. I have tried all of those labor inducing "home remedies" and have never gone into labor on my own. But they are fun to try....especially when you are desparate and on the other side of your due date. Good luck!