Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 26, 2007

We are still here

Since it has been so long since I blogged last, I apologize for this marathon update. We are still living with Colin's parents and are enjoying our time with them. Channing is now almost nine months old! It is amazing how quickly time goes by and how fast she is growing and changing. I am so thankful that I do not have to work and that I get to be at home with her everyday. I would miss so much if I wasn't with her all the time! There are many women out there who have to go back to work after having a baby or want to go back to work (and there is nothing wrong with that), but I am not one of those women. Even when I was working I felt like my place was at home. This is just where I am supposed to be and I am very blessed to have the opportunity to do it.

Here are some things that have happened since the beginning of September:

*Uncle Connor came to stay for a couple of weeks and Channing got to meet him for the first time. As you can see below, she thinks he is lots of fun! Her cousins also came to stay while Connor was here and they all had fun playing together.




Channing and Uncle Damon




Channing and Aunt Melody




The Cousins (Logan, Grant, Maddy, Channing, and Jackson)





*We hung up Channing's swing on the swing set at Gran Jan and Papa's and she loves to go as high as we can swing her. She might end up being a little daredevil like her Daddy. Not only does she like to swing high, but she also likes to be thrown up into the air or flipped upside down (see pictures below).







*Channing and I also made a trip to see my family and what was supposed to be a long weekend visit ended up being almost a week long visit. We were having so much fun we didn't want to leave! My mom has come to visit us and we have seen my family a couple of different times at different places but Channing and I had not gone there to visit since Easter. It was great to see everyone again. Channing has four cousins on both sides of the family so she always has tons of fun watching them and playing with them. Below are a few pictures from the trip.

Playing with Austin on the floor




Hanging out with Meagan




Ema with Madison and Channing (in their matching dresses)




Channing and Opa




*A new experience - Channing got to take a bath for the first time with two of her cousins at two different times. Madison liked washing Channing's hair. It actually was pretty clean when she was finished. And yes, Austin was taking a bath in his shorts (in case you were wondering).








*We also made a trip to our old home to visit all of our friends. We miss all of our friends and were sad that we had to move away from them. We love you guys and wish nothing but the best for all of you. You will always have a special place in our hearts and hope to see you often. One of those friends is my best friend Kristin, who is Aunt Kristin to Channing. We have been friends since our freshman year of college and will always be friends, no matter where we live.




*Channing's friend Claire was turning one and we went to her birthday party. Claire's mom, Sarah, and I were best friends growing up, so we are excited that our girls are close in age and will be friends too. Unfortunately I did not take a single picture at the birthday party.


*Channing loves to watch her Praise Baby DVD. She knows when I turn it on and she knows when it is about to end. She gets excited when I turn it on and she starts to fuss when the last song starts to play. I try not to use the TV as a baby sitter very often, but every once in a while it is the only way I can get something done. It is really helpful when we are going on a trip and I have to load the car. She won't let me the leave the room for a second otherwise.




*Her favorite person still is Daddy.




*She isn't crawling yet but is getting close. She can army crawl and scoot to get anywhere she wants to but doesn't move very far or very fast. However, today she got up on all fours and crawled a couple of times for the very first time ever. It won't be long now. Maybe next time I will be able to say that she is crawling.


No comments: