Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 27, 2006

31 Weeks

Here is what BabyCenter.com says about my baby at 31 weeks:

This week, your baby measures about 16 inches long. She weighs a little over 3 lbs and is headed for a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and is beginning to accumulate a layer of fat underneath her skin in preparation for life as a newborn. As a result, her arms, legs, and body are filling out.

I also read in one of my baby books that she will be growing about a half a pound and a half an inch a week from now until she is born. It is amazing to me that I am actually carrying around a baby in my tummy that weighs about 3 lbs! She is definitely starting to take up more room in there and making me more uncomfortable. Since she moves all the time, she has a tendency to kick or punch all of my internal organs which usually doesn't feel very good. (I am thankful that at least for now she seems to sleep pretty well when I sleep.) I have also noticed that my back seems to hurt more if I am not sitting against something or standing up straight. There just isn't any time right now for my aches and pains since I have a lot to do to get ready for Christmas and for her arrival (9 more weeks!).

No comments: