Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Still No Word

I had mentioned a week or so ago that I was going to the doctor for my monthly check up and glucose screening. Well, last week the doctor's office called and said that the results for my glucose screen were positive. The levels weren't high, but it was still a positive. Therefore, I went back to the doctor's office last Wednesday to do the long glucose screen. This consists of having my blood drawn, drinking the lovely orange sugar drink, then waiting an hour to have my blood drawn again. Then they take my blood again on the hour for the next two hours. Let's just say that I got a lot of reading done those three hours I was there. The point of all of this is to mention that they still have not called me back to tell me what my results are. I was glad that I wouldn't find out until after Thanksgiving because I was able to eat what I wanted and not have to think about the effects. However, I am now anxious to know if I have gestational diabetes or not. I am hoping that no news is good news. If it were serious, they would have called me by now. Right?

Other news. Colin and I are steadily making progress on the nursery. I finished painting the walls and he has put up all of the crown moulding and chair rail. Now we will have someone come and paint the trim. He has also sanded the crib and dresser and hopefully will paint it sometime this week. My plan is to get as much as we can done this week since my family will be coming up for our baby shower. I want them to at least be able to get an idea of what it will look like when it is finished.

No comments: