Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Happy Easter! (A Catch-up Blog)

The whole point of this blog is to have a way to share pictures and keep everyone in touch with what is happening in our lives. However, I have not been doing a good job of that lately so this may be a really long blog with lots of pictures.

Even though Easter was several weeks ago, Channing and I had such a wonderful time with my family that I wanted to share some pictures of the weekend. I decided we would go down there for a few days instead of just the weekend since I am no longer working full time and have the ability to travel when I want. My parents enjoyed having us stay awhile because it had been a long time since they had seen Channing.

This was my first time to take Channing on a long trip so I wasn't sure how she would do on the drive to my parents since it takes 4 1/2 hours to get there. We left early because I thought we might have to stop a few times to change diapers, eat, etc. To my suprise she slept the entire trip! Well, she actually woke up about 10 minutes away from my parent's house but I was so close and didn't want to stop. My mom was also suprised that we made it so fast! It took us longer to come home but that was because we made a stop to visit our cousin Chrissie at work and to eat a couple of times.

Every Easter my dad's family gets together to celebrate. My Oma ("grandmother" in German) and cousins hadn't met Channing yet so I was excited to show her off to them for the first time. It's been a few years since there has been a baby on that side of the family. Channing is my Oma's first great granddaughter. So far there have only been boys. I think Channing had a wonderful time even though it was really cold and rainy.


Oma and Channing




Bill and Martie with Channing (my cousins)




The rest of the family





We spent Easter Sunday at my parent's house with my sisters Michelle and Shawn, bro-in-law Larry, and all the kids. Every year they come over and all of the kids have an Easter egg hunt. The past couple of years we have also had a silly string fight. This year, to make it even more fun and messy, I brought confetti eggs for all the kids. Because of the mess it made in my mom's yard, she has told me that I am not allowed to bring those things anymore. It sure was a good time! Here are some pictures from the day.


Madison and Austin dyeing Easter eggs




Having a good time with Aunt Shawn and Madison






Hunting Easter eggs (and sleeping through it all)






Mommy and Channing




Opa being a bad example (no thumb sucking please!)



No comments: